Tuesday, June 15, 2010

glazed salmon

we were craving salmon today (thanks to an episode of the soup. don't ask), so i threw together my favorite and easiest salmon recipe with some small red potatoes.
the recipe starts with the best ingredient ever: butter. melt approximately 2 tablespoons and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. add one tablespoon of honey, 2 cloves of chopped garlic and a teaspoon of soy sauce (or, if you're me, 2 tablespoons. don't tell my doctor. or my mom). add 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and 2-3 tablespoons of your favorite mustard.
mix everything thoroughly and feel free to add more or less of anything to taste
butter a baking dish* and place two pieces of salmon in the dish. pour mixture over and bake at 375 for 15 min!
serve with your favorite side dish (we made rosemary potatoes) and repeat after me: YUM.

*so i usually grill the fish but do not have a grill in new orleans yet. next on my very long wishlist is this stovetop grill pan from lodge logic:

No comments:

Post a Comment