Wednesday, August 4, 2010

what to do?

so i took one of my famous exploratory trips into the bowels of my parents' basement (now that i'm finished with the bar, i have all the time in the world to do these things, after all) and stumbled upon the most wonderful treasure trove: all of my girl scout* badges! i almost screamed when i found them, perfectly intact despite having moved and experienced a few floods since i last saw them.

so, inspired partly by ms. elsie of a beautiful mess, i've decided that i have to come up with some way to display them. i thought about sewing them onto burlap and making a pillow but my mom reminded me that pillows are supposed to be somewhat comfortable and these patches are quite hard and scratchy. so that's out. i'm considering buying some canvas or burlap and dying it brown, and making a long wall hanging, sort of a pseudo-sash. thoughts? i need to get my creative juices flowing! these are too amazing not to show off.
yes, that does say "caroling '92" (!!!!)
my troop number!

*ps i never actually made it past brownies. whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment